Get set to experience Delhi’s finest food-walk in the evening dotted with the rich culture and gastronomic delights of the 16th century old Mughal city, Shahjahanabad (Old Delhi).
As the markets come alive, we surprise your tastebuds with the finest forms of culinary delights from the streets of Old Delhi amid hidden food places a traveler can’t find on their own. The food trail will include snacking at the 78 years old Snacks shop, sampling mouth-watering traditional Indian sweet (Jalebi), crunchiest chicken & juiciest kebabs you’ve ever had and many more local delicacies.
To dive into the culture we will visit preserved Jain Havelis from 18th century and ponder over the art, architecture and beauty of this chaotic and colourful place & local vibe over a nice cup of Tea.
We will then walk towards Jama Masjid (Delhi’s largest mosque) and break for the sit down meal at Karim’s (over 100 years old) savouring Mughlai delicacies such as kebabs, curries and breads while observing the ever busy old delhi streets and awe inspiring beauty of the walled city.
- Food & drinks
- All food delicacies, Lunch and drinks
- Local transport though Rickshaws
- Company of English speaking local friend who shares stories as you walk past
- Goodie bag
- Transfers to and from the meeting point
- Please dress modestly as we will be visiting places of worship
- Please be considerate to co-travelers by arriving on time
- Kindly wear comfortable footwear to be able to explore the charm of the city on foot
- Please inform your guide in advance regarding any food allergies you may have
- Eat very light before the tour as we will heavily dig Old Delhi’s food zones
What do I need to bring?
Time of the day : Afternoon, Evening
Suitable for : Solo Travelers, Family & Kids, Couples, Groups